Martes, Agosto 18, 2015

Norwegian Wood film because IT'S KEN'ICHI!!



I don't have any intention of watching the film since I saw there is one. But after I finished the book, I feel like I need to talk to someone about it. When I found out that in the film, Ken'ichi Matsuyama plays Toru Watanabe's role, I FANGIRLED. He is L in movie adaptation of Death Note, and he looks very cute! He has this puppy eyes that makes him look so innocent, which made me very curious about the film.... Ken'ichi, playing the role of a clueless jerk who sleep around with girls?! Doing erotic stuff?!! Definately a must see.





  Don't worry, Toru. You're forgiven, though you raped her... actually.
 
So I downloaded a copy, watched it, and did not like it.
What can I say? I think the casting is good. Though Ken'ichi looks so innocent (even in sex scenes), I believe he can look more sexy and aggressive to make me think he likes what he's doing but IT'S AWKWARD!
Naoko's actress somehow got her character right. She looks realistic and faithful to the novel. Her soft voice and walking round and round makes me think she's really depressed. BUT her scene where she was... um, I think I don't need to say it.... was awkward. She also somehow looks innocent to do such thing. Then there's Midori! Midori's actress is also Mikasa on Attack on Titan movie. She's very pretty, but I don't like her acting. SHE'S ALWAYS SMILING! EVEN WHEN SHE'S ANGRY WITH TORU! I can rant about her all day. She deliver erotic lines without any emotion or even a try to make it funny or erotic. Her father doesn't look dying. And she also looks too innocent to be a "sexually-liberated young woman". Reiko is also a character I like in the novel, BUT they didn't even try to emphasize her! The reason why she slept with Toru made her look like a cougar, and she's not cool looking! She looks so sweet and motherly, but not cool! Reiko is cool, chain-smoker with a little messy hair, that's what I picture in mind. I really think reading the novel made me dislike the movie. There are less narration, too much image, the events are quite dragged, and the feeling of loneliness is not emphasized. The novel sure is erotic, but will leave you lonely. The movie seemed to try to balance the erotic and lonely theme, but ends up not giving any remarkable feeling.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento